All questions refer to the position/assessment of the respective country’s government, opposition, political parties, media, and public opinion.
1.1 Euroscepticism and European Parliament elections: Member States
- What are the key topics in the electoral campaign and what role do the EU-wide frontrunners play?
- Does euroscepticism play a role in your country’s electoral campaign? And if so, how?
- What are the explanations for the outcome and the turnout?
1.2 Euroscepticism and European Parliament elections: Candidate Countries
- How are the electoral campaigns for the European Parliament elections discussed in your country?
- Does euroscepticism play a role in your country? And if so, how?
- How are outcome and turnout of the European Parliament elections evaluated in your country?
2. The EU’s Neighbourhood (Member States & Candidate Countries)
- What are dominant views in your country on future relations with Russia?
- How do the events in Ukraine affect the views in your country on EU relations with Eastern Partnership countries?
- How is Turkey’s EU membership perspective currently evaluated in your country?
3. Power relations in the EU (Member States & Candidate Countries)
- How is Germany’s role in the EU perceived in your country?
- What are dominant perspectives in your country on the ‚austerity vs. growth’ debate and what are preferred reform options at the European level?
- How is the possibility of a UK exit from the EU assessed in your country?
This survey was conducted on the basis of a questionnaire that has been elaborated in March 2014. Most of the reports were delivered in June 2014. This issue and all previous issues are available on the EU-28 Watch website: www.eu-28watch.org.
The EU-28 Watch No. 10 receives significant funding from the Otto Wolff-Foundation, Cologne, in the framework of the ‘Dialog Europa der Otto Wolff-Stiftung’, and financial support from the European Commission. The European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.